I stand convicted by this post.
1. Don’t do any planning about how I’m going to rest, relax and reflect – assume that ‘resting well’ just happens when I stop working.
2. Sleep in.
3. Spend most of the day talking about work related things.
4. Spend most of the day silently thinking about work related things.
5. Spend most of the day planning for work related things.
6. Neglect the spiritual disciplines practiced on the other six days.
7. View the day as one to solely satisfy my personal needs, rather than a precious period for quantity-quality time with family.
8. Don’t read Christian books (especially biographies) that nourish, soothe and refresh my soul.
9. Watch TV.
10. Revolve the day around me, rather than fix my eyes on God, the gospel and my Saviour Jesus Christ.
May the Lord give us the grace to make him our Holiday!