1. The entire collection of C.J.’s series on Biblical Productivity is available here on pdf. This series has had and is continuing to have an impact on my soul as a Christian, husband, father and pastor. Here’s a quote:
Lazy? Not me. I’m busy. Up early, up late. My schedule is filled from beginning to end. I love what I do and I love getting stuff done. I attack a daily to‐do list with the same intensity I play basketball. Me lazy? I don’t think so!
Or at least I didn’t think so. That is, until I read about the difference between busyness and fruitfulness, and realized just how often my busyness was an expression of laziness, not diligence. I forget now who first brought these points to my attention. But the realization that I could be simultaneously busy and lazy, that I could be a hectic sluggard, that my busyness was no immunity from laziness, became a life‐altering and work‐altering insight. What I learned is that:
• Busyness does not mean I am diligent
• Busyness does not mean I am faithful
• Busyness does not mean I am fruitful
2. C.J. is doing a series highlighting the “ordinary” pastor, which I love, since I am one of those “ordinary” pastors. His latest installment involves Grady Van Wright, pastor of Sovereign Grace Church in Pearland, TX. I know Grady and respect him greatly. Don’t miss this inside look at his devotional and family life that is both encouraging and convicting! Part 1, Part 2.
Thank you SGM for serving us so well once again!